Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Tuesday Angel Stories - Angels at Bob Evans



    TUESDAY ANGEL STORIES



Angels at Bob Evans

My husband and I stopped at a local Bob Evans for supper one evening.  While waiting for our order to arrive, I glanced around the room.  My gaze happened upon a young woman with two girls whose ages I guessed to be five and six.
I noticed that the older of the two children was surrounded by at least a dozen rainbow colored angels of all shapes and sizes.

I felt strongly impressed to strike up a conversation with the lady about the angel presence.  Common sense and logic quickly chimed in and proceeded to talk me out of it.  My gut kept churning and I knew I’d not sleep that night if I did not try and talk with the lady.  After all, she was a complete stranger. If I made a fool out of myself, I’d never see her again.

So, mustering up all my courage, I sidled up alongside her at the checkout.  I decided the best approach would be to come straight to the point.

“Excuse me,” I said “Do you mind if I ask you if you believe in angels?”

“Why, yes I do” she replied.

“Then would you mind if I told you about the angels around this older of the two girls who is your daughter I presume?”  I replied.

“Go right ahead” she encouraged.’

So, I told her about the troupe of rainbow colored angels and how they were operating in her life.  Then with a sigh of relief, I said silently to Spirit “There I did it”.

The thought had not yet cleared my brain when I felt my stomach turning as I heard the woman’s voice say “How lovely.  Now what can you tell me about the younger girl?”
I had seen nothing as I was so focused on the older girl’s entourage.  I shifted my feet feeling awkward and took another look.  Feeling quite embarrassed and hoping for a soon and speedy retreat, I apologized and said “She only has one small green angel who appears to be hugging her heart”.


A tear rolled down the woman’s cheek as she embraced me and said “She’s waiting for a heart transplant”.




TUESDAY READING LIST

Oct. 10       My Special Angel
Oct. 17       My Angel Certification
Oct. 24       You Asked for It – You Got It
Oct. 31       Holey Angel
Nov. 07      The Hand
Nov. 14      Angels at Bob Evans
Nov. 21      Angels Fly Delta

Nov. 28      My Journey with Parkinson’s

No comments:

Post a Comment