Sunday, July 14, 2013

I Asked

I ASKED

I asked for a raging Fire of Faith
to consume me,
that I might shine for the Lord my God.

I got a tiny flicker of faith
that could pierce the darkest night.
 ~~~~~~~~

I asked for a raging holy fire
to indwell me,
that I might live for the Lord my God.

I got the Flame of Truth
to purge and cleanse me,
that I might be in the presence of a Holy God.
~~~~~~~~

I asked for the smelter's fire 
to transform me
into a vessel of use to the Lord my God.

I got the Flame of Love
that changed me 
to see others through the  eyes of God.
~~~~~~~~

I asked for a holy fire from heaven
to inspire me
that I might praise the Lord my God.

I got the flame of tongues
that I might worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.
~~~~~~~~~~

I asked for a holy  Flame of Healing
to pass by me
that I might live in strength and vitality.

I got an Angel
and His promise
that He would carry me to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment